Organized in 1986, the DAV Charitable Service Trust is a not-for-profit charitable
organization incorporated in the District of Columbia. It is exempt from tax under
Title 26, U.S.C., Section 501(c)(3).
The Trust is dedicated to one, single purpose: empowering veterans to lead high-quality
lives with respect and dignity.
The Trust is a grantmaker. The first grant was awarded in 1988. Grantmaking is targeted
to not-for-profit entities located in the United States of America.
Programs supported by the Trust typically provide the following:
- Food, Shelter, and other necessary items to homeless or at-risk veterans
- Mobility items or assistance specific to veterans with blindness or vision loss,
hearing loss or amputations
- Qualified Evidence-based therapeutic activities for veterans and/or their families
- Physical and psychological rehabilitation projects
- Education, training and career-readiness
- Other forms of assistance as needed
Priority is given to long-term service projects providing direct assistance to sick
and injured veterans and their families. Grants are not typically awarded to for:
- Goodwill advertising, souvenir journals or dinner programs
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Endowments or capital campaigns
- Pilot or newly established initiatives
Funding decisions for the DAV Charitable Service Trust are made by the Board of
Directors. We appreciate the opportunity to continue service for our nation's heroes.
The Trust will be accepting applications post-marked between October 1, 2016 and
October 20, 2016 for the cycle ending October 20, 2016.
To ensure your organization meets all of the required criteria, please refer to
the guidelines prior to submission. Guidelines are subject to change for each funding
cycle and applicants will be responsible for meeting the current requirements.
Two copies of the complete application package must be submitted. All pending applicants
will receive notification of the Board’s decision once the application has been
Any applications post-marked prior to October 1, 2016 or after October 20, 2016
for the cycle ending October 20, 2016 will be discarded.
We appreciated your continued patience and understanding.
Please note: In order to view PDF files,
you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.